Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Pork Strips

I am not a huge fan of pork, much less pork strips.  Not sure why, but I just don't care for it.  These pork strips changed my impression of pork.  I found these at my local H-E-B.  They were really cheap for a family pack at only $3.50.  I wasn't sure how to cook these strips so I decided to cook them just like ribs.  They came out amazing.  This recipe is pretty simple.


Ingredients: 
1 pk of pork strips 
1 clove of garlic 
Worcestershire sauce   (enough to coast the meat) 
Olive Oil (enough to coat the meat) 
BBQ of your choice (I used Mark's Good Stuff Honey Bee
Tony Chachere's for taste 




The first step for me was to "wet" the meat with a combination of Worcestershire sauce and Olive Oil.  Then I seasoned the meat with Tony Chachere's and garlic.  I baked the meat covered for 1 hour at 350 degrees. After one hour I applied a nice thick layer of bbq sauce and recovered.  45 minutes later, I uncovered the meat and applied more bbq sauce. 15-20 minutes later and it was done.  This meal was served with Green Beans.  It was so good that we ate it two nights in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment